HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
This document sets out the Health and Safety Statement of Intent for The Academy Hub (trading as Academy of Sales). The purpose of which is to encourage the ownership, commitment and compliance at all levels of the business and to provide a framework to establish and review Health and Safety policies, objectives and guidance across the business.
The Management Board fully recognises the importance of Health and Safety and is committed to both its legal and moral Health and Safety obligations. The Board will support this by demonstrating top level commitment to Health and Safety Policy, Individual responsibilities and Staff Training whilst ensuring that Health and Safety is represented at Board meetings as an agenda item. The Board sees the development of a positive safety culture across the company as an essential part of our continued success
The Academy Hub will, as an essential part of its business process, aim to:
- Maintain compliance with any statutory national laws, regulations or directives placed upon it by exte rnal regulatory bodies (both UK & EU). To continuously manage, develop and improve its Health and Safety related policies, strategies and processes to meet these responsibilities and to achieve industry best practice across the organisation.
- Provide a safe working environment for all employees, trainers, apprentices and any others who may be affected by its activities or omissions.
- Conduct a regular programme of inspections and assessments to assess risk, identify and eliminate unsafe conditions/practices and to control and reduce any hazards found in the working environment.
- Promptly investigate of every accident, incident, occupational health issue and near miss to determine their cause and prevent re-occurrence. To report, where required, any accident or incident that should be subject to the Reporting of Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).
- Make provision for adequate First Aid arrangements, welfare facilities and wellbeing at work.
- Provide and maintain safe routes of access/egress as required under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Ensure that this policy statement is communicated and maintained across all levels of the organisation.
- Ensure that all employees agree, as part of their contract of employment to comply with the individual duties placed upon them by law. Failure to comply with Health and Safety duties, regulations, local procedures etc. will be regarded as a serious breach and may lead to disciplinary action being taken.
- Review and/or revise the Health and Safety policy and statement annually or at times of significant change.
It is also the duty of every Academy Hub employee to:
- Exercise reasonable care for the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions. To report any unsafe act, condition or occurrence at the earliest opportunity.
- Co-operate with the Agency, as far as may be necessary, to enable the Agency to carry out its legal duties in respect of Health, Safety and Welfare matters.
- Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with any rules or equipment provided by the Academy Hub in the interests of Health, Safety or Welfare.
|Named Health and Safety Office:||Karen Bishop (December 2017)|
|Named Director – Health and Safety:||Josh Campbell|